This morning, a honey bee accidentally flew into my
house. In no time, my instinct prompted me to grab an electrical mosquito pat
nearby in an attempt to chase it out from my house to avoid any ‘unfortunate’
bee stings. Luckily, I changed my mind, for I remember someone told me before
that honey bee is a bringer of good luck and prosperity. I was instantly inspired
with the important role of honey bees in our ecosystem.
In insect kingdom, honey bee is considered as
one of the most hardworking insects on earth. This explains the reason why do
people always say ‘as busy as a bee’. It moves from flower to flower to collect
nectar. Besides, it also carries pollen from flower to flower which accounts
for over 80% of all insect pollination. Our food chains and overall survival
will be negatively impacted if the honey bee were to go extinct. Without the
existence of honey bees, neither human nor any animals can survive for a longer
term on earth, as there is no more pollination, leading to the shortage of
plants and food.
Everything in life is interdependent. We rely
on each other closely to ensure our survivals on earth. No one is indispensable
on their own. Hence, it is important to invariably maintain a win-win situation
to help each other to grow or more specifically in biological term (for
animals), we call it as symbiosis. This ‘I support you, you support me’ virtue
should be practised perpetually so that the relationship can last long. Personally,
I strongly believe that by having more friends, zero enemy, more positive Qi, I
will have a peaceful mind, eventually a healthier and happier life. On top of
that, it is indeed a great sense of joy and fulfillment to see our comrades’
success together along the journey for a better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment