Wednesday, October 5, 2016

LIFE VALUES:



           

            













        A few weeks ago, a customer came into my store to purchase some anti-depressant drugs. I turned her down as I do not sell any group B medicines (Doctor prescribed medicines).However, as a pharmacist, I was ready to be a good listener, or perhaps, a counselor.

        From the conversation, I realized that she was once a complete workaholic who achieved great success in her career, but her demanding schedule had cut drastically into her personal life and obstructed her from spending any quality time with her husband and children. 

         Recently, she just divorced as her husband was found having an affair with other woman. Of course, that could be due to many reasons. From her story, I learned that her top 4 values in life turned out to be 1) family, love 2) health 3) Money 4) Accomplishment. She missed out on her life’s top desires, despite her success in third and fourth goals.

        So often, people are too busy pursuing means values until they forget about their true desires or their ends values. Knowing our own hierarchy of values is important as our top values are those which are going to bring us the most happiness or fulfillment. Failing to do so, we will experience feeling of emptiness and even intense pain. All these magnetic pull of our values will greatly influence the direction of our lives.

       Lastly, I recommended her to take some supplements to keep her relaxed. Moreover, I also shared with her some non-pharmacological methods which could help her to have a better sleep quality. Hopefully, all these help.

No comments:

Post a Comment